Please join Sarah Cook, LCSW (Certified EFT Therapist) and Angela Fowler-Hurtado, LICSW (Certified EFT Therapist and Supervisor) for a Lunch and Learn on introduction to working with sexual challenges in EFT couples therapy.
As EFT clinicians we have noticed that though many of us work with couples and can focus on working with the reactive emotional cycle of a couple, we may feel less comfortable and knowledgeable about working with couples and their sexual cycle. Sex therapy trainings often don’t include EFT elements of working with a reactive cycle, deescalating and restructuring the emotional bond of the couple. As EFT therapists we are in a unique position to help couples become oriented to their sexual cycle from an attachment framework.
1. Why do we go into the content of the sexual relationship from an EFT perspective?
2. How to distill the sexual cycle of a couple from the relational cycle.
3. Discussing therapist barriers to assessing and responding to the couple sexual cycle.
– Discomfort, uncertainty, beliefs
*We hope this Lunch and Learn is also an opportunity to build connection and community amongst EFT therapists in the DC area.
Dates: 4th Wednesday in August, September and October
Time: 10am-12pm on Zoom
- *August 26 session– Sex Psychoeducation and Attachment
- *Sept 23 session– Integrating EFT and working with the sexual cycle
- *Oct 28 session- Self as therapist concerns
Cost: $40 per session or $100 for all 3 sessions
It is not necessary to attend all three sessions although they build upon one another. This is for therapists who have completed at least the EFT externship and best for therapists new to assessing and working with the sexual cycle of couples.
Six CEU’s available for $40 if attending all 3 sessions. Please register separately for CEU’s at https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/SeminarInfo.aspx?seminarId=3527.
Register for sessions at https://forms.gle/5a9rEMiUGRieynyc6
Payment will be collected via Paypal.
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Cancellations made by August 19 can receive a full refund. Cancellations after August 19 receive 50% refund.